CYP Naval 2015 - Cyprus Naval Event
CYP Naval 2015 is being held on 19 & 20 May in Larnaca Cyprus under the auspices of the Ministry of Defence.
CYP Naval 2015 brings together leading experts from the fields of defence, security, offshore activities and coastal facilities (including LNG, ports and marinas) in order to strengthen cooperation between public authorities and the private sector in these fields.
The conference aims to provide expertise and communication mechanisms between the government, international organizations, NGOs, law enforcement agencies, defence industries, security, offshore oil & gas, fisheries and other stakeholders in all aspects of security threat that hinder the development of the Blue Economy in the Mediterranean Sea.
CYP Naval 2015 encourages manufacturers and suppliers to operate demonstrations of vessels, aircraft, helicopters and equipment next to the conference venue.
The exchange of information on technology and innovation includes:
- Frigates, OPVs, coast guard vessels, fast assault craft
- SAR vessels, fire fighting vessels, ambulance boats, lifeboats
- SAR aircrafts & helicopters
- EEZ surveillance & patrols
- Unmanned aerial systems for monitoring the EEZ
- Aerial & coastal surveillance and reconnaissance
- Satellite communications systems & communications service providers
- Underwater surveillance & security systems
- Unmanned underwater vehicles
- Port protection systems, administration and implementation
- Container security & screening systems
- Cruise ship security
- Maritime weapon systems
- Maritime special operational units & training centres
- Long range identification and tracking (LRIT) system
- Preventing & tackling illegal immigration & fishing
Preliminary speaker list, to be confirmed, includes:-
- Mr Christoforos Fokaides, Minister of Defence of the Republic of Cyprus (TBC)
- Mr Panos Kammenos, Minister of Defence of the Hellenic Republic (TBC)
- Mr Andreas Mylonas, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice & Public Order of the Republic of Cyprus
- Captain Constantinos Fitiris, Commander, JRCC of the Republic of Cyprus
- Mr Georgios Vourekas, Head of Sea Border Sector - FRONTEX
- Superintendent B' Kyriakos Mavris, Acting Commandant of Port & Marine Police of Cyprus
- Captain H.C.G. Bournias Charalambos, representative of the Commandant of Hellenic Coast Guard
- Mr Piet Van Rooij, DAMEN Shipyards Gorinchem, Manager Design & Proposal
- Mr Kostas Kardaras, Intracom Defense Electronics, Security Sector Executive
- Mrs Christina Hioureas, Senior Associate with Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Mr George Pelaghias, Executive Director of European Rim Policy & Investment Council
- Pol Lt Andreas Christofi, Cyprus Fire Service representative
- Mrs Elise Croonen, representative of WISTA Cyprus, MTI Network Cyprus/Greece
- Representative Officer, Italian Coast Guard
- Representative, Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport
- Representative, Maritime Institute of Eastern Mediterranean
- Commodore GRC (N) Anastasios Tserkezoglou, representative of the Chief of Hellenic Navy General Staff (H.N.G.S.), Commandant of NATO Maritime Interdiction Operational Training Centre (N.M.I.O.T.C.)
All images are copyright © Shock Mitigation Directory 2018 unless otherwise stated.
This does not exclude the owner's assertion of copyright over the material.
In April 2018 we organised the NEXT GENERATION Marine…
Hybrid technology is being utilised by many transport sectors around…